Here are some great Larry Bird Quotes from the legend himself!
Larry Bird has always been my favorite basketball player of all time. I grew up watching his great Boston Celtics teams play against Magic Johnson and the Los Angeles Lakers. That was a great time to be a fan of the NBA!
Besides his incredible basketball talents, the thing I like most about Larry Bird is his down-to-earth approach to basketball and life. His words and actions were never flashy or make pretend…just simple and straight to the point! That’s what I love about him!
These Larry Bird Quotes should inspire you as you approach the game of basketball. Whether you are a basketball player, parent or coach you should find something relevant in the quotes below.
Inspirational Larry Bird Quotes
- “When I was young, I never wanted to leave the court until I got things exactly correct. My dream was to become a pro.”
- “A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.”
- “Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.”
- “I always know what’s happening on the court. I see a situation occur, and I respond.”
- “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.”
- “I really don’t like talking about money. All I can say is that the Good Lord must have wanted me to have it.”
- “I don’t know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody – somewhere – was practicing more than me.”
- “First master the fundamentals.”
- “It doesn’t matter who scores the points, it’s who can get the ball to the scorer.”
- “Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you’re ready to play as tough as you’re able to, you’d better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony. And they can tell when you’re not giving it all you’ve got. Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It’s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That’s the only way you’re going to get respect from the players.”
- “Once you are labeled ‘the best’ you want to stay up there, and you can’t do it by loafing around. If I don’t keep changing. I’m history.”
- “When it gets down to it, basketball is basketball.”
I hope you enjoyed these inspirational Larry Bird Quotes! Larry is definitely a legend and his words are worth listening to. Best of luck with your season!