These great Pat Riley Quotes will inspire and motivate you as you approach the game of basketball.
I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge NBA fan – I prefer to watch and follow college basketball. However, I am a fan of great coaching…and Pat Riley is a great coach!
The thing I like most about Pat Riley is how effective he is at getting the most out of his players, regardless of the situation. He definitely knows how to inspire and motivate his teams!
Whether you are a player, parent or coach…I hope the Pat Riley Quotes below will inspire and motivate you!
Inspirational Pat Riley Quotes
- “There are only two options regarding commitment. You’re either IN or you’re OUT. There’s no such thing as life in-between.”
- “There’s always the motivation of wanting to win. Everybody has that. But a champion needs, in his attitude, a motivation above and beyond winning.”
- “There’s no such thing as coulda, shoulda, or woulda. If you shoulda and coulda, you woulda done it.”
- “To have long term success as a coach or in any position of leadership, you have to be obsessed in some way.”
- “When you’re playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you’ll fight for the winner’s circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.”
- “You have no choices about how you lose, but you do have a choice about how you come back and prepare to win again.”
- “A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.”
- “A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player’s personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team.”
- “Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable.”
- “Being ready isn’t enough; you have to be prepared for a promotion or any other significant change.”
- “Discipline is not a nasty word.”
- “Don’t let other people tell you what you want.”
- “Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!”
- “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.”
- “Giving yourself permission to lose guarantees a loss.”
- “Great effort springs naturally from a great attitude.”
- “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.”
- “Look for your choices, pick the best one, then go with it.”
- “Management must speak with one voice. When it doesn’t management itself becomes a peripheral opponent to the team’s mission.”
- “People who create 20% of the results will begin believing they deserve 80% of the rewards.”
I hope you enjoyed these inspirational Pat Riley Quotes! Keep these quotes in mind as you approach your basketball season. Best of luck!